Containment: Finding & Creating Safety
A mini-course on how to hold space for yourself in order to hold space for others
This class is for:
Professionals in any field
Doulas & Birthworkers
Fathers to be
Those wanting improved relationships & intimacy
Breaking free from trauma loops & destructive habits
Women planning to conceive or birth
What can I expect?
- In just the first lesson you'll have clarity on why you feel "safe" around certain people and not others
- After the first lesson you'll be able to see your personal relationships in a new light
- Each lesson contains guidance from two experts in trauma processing, somatic inquiry and birth
- Thought provoking concepts that will forever change the way you experience pain and pleasure
- Simple, yet effective guided practices to integrate the content into real life experience
- Resources to keep your journey going long after the course ends
Why is creating safety in our own body so important?
Many adults come from families where either one or both parents were emotionally immature. This isn't a judgement, it's an opportunity. And even if you had the most perfect upbringing, as an adolescent you may have encountered emotionally immature caregivers, teachers or adults who couldn't create safety for you, or even willingly compromised & violated your safety.
This may have created a belief within you that it was no longer safe to be in your body. And over time patterns were created to keep you disconnected (safe), in vigilance (prepared), and distracted (soothed).
You might ask, whats wrong with that? I'm safe, prepared and soothed. Well, not really, you're in a state of reactionary survival and what that does is it keeps you out of the present moment, in fear, and in most cases physically sick.
This course is a journey designed to lay the basic foundation so you may begin to experience a deeper and more rich experience of everyday things, emotions, relationships & activities. This is made possible by first creating safety in your own body.
Some audio clips from the course...
Benefits of taking this course:
- How to have deeper satisfaction in relationship
- How to access deeper connection with your family
- Ways to do more of what you love and less of what doesn’t feel good
- More ease day to day, hour to hour
- More freedom
- Release chains binding us to unwanted substance or habits
- How to find pleasure in the mundane
- Feel a deeper sense of purpose & clarity by being authentically embodied
- Experience what it is to resolve conflict in an easeful, grounded way that doesn’t end in more rupture or confusion
- Uncover your triggers & patterns of tension so they no longer control you
- Learn how to feel your triggers and allow them to exist without seeing red or bailing, or going into a survival response.
- Understand what Somatic self-inquiry means
- Learn to truly be present
- Energetics of holding space, rather than the “action” of holding space
- The necessary skills to be able to authentically hold yourself and be present to what is real
- Become better at what you do.
- ENJOY EVERYTHING MORE
Meet the minds behind
Containment: Finding & Creating Safety
Somatic Experiencing Coach
As a relationship, intimacy, and communication coach my work is anchored in a somatic approach, which helps you identify, relate with, and shift your unwanted patterns, and therefore achieve your goals, and align with your purpose and path. Conscious embodiment is the doorway into your subconscious, and it is the key to greater presence and joy in your life.
Birth Educator, Doula & Birth Trauma Alchemist
Eyla's work is dedicated to offering guidance that supports women and men in the process that is a return to their deepest knowing about birth, individual sovereignty, and the body’s innate intelligence.
Trauma is an opportunity for alchemy. I am here to show you where the gifts are available and how to reclaim the lost parts within.
This course was incredible... Simple, yet profound. I am new to this concept of "holding space" but what I learned in this course showed me that it's NECESSARY for my work as a practitioner to find safety in my own body so I can better serve others. I am way more present for my personal relationships as well. Highly recommend to ANYONE!
Certified Doula & Early Childhood Educator
- 3 pre-recorded modules to explore at your own pace.
- Each module contains lessons each lasting 15-40 minutes
- You can finish the course in one day or over the course of a few weeks
- To really embody the concepts we recommend giving yourself space to feel, surrender, integrate and practice what the course offers.
- Come back to the course a few months later to pick up more info that was missed in the first round.
- Practices & tools that have a 1-1 feel
- Resources that will support you as you continue your journey of exploration and healing
- Exclusive opportunity to meet with Eyla or Colin 1-1